HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU
You will truly be a pioneer. We organise routes that will take you to remote and exciting parts of the world, which also take in the must see tourist destinations along the way. Driving in exotic parts of the world is in itself a challenging and exhilarating adventure.
Have you dreamt of experiencing that pioneering spirit of discovering places for yourself? Here is your opportunity to do just that in your own 4x4.
We will take care of all the formalities of your expedition, from start to finish, taking all the hassle and headaches off your shoulders. You can feel secure in the knowledge that you can rely on our experienced team who will provide you with the best pre-event and on-event support available.
Once we have confirmed your place (full refund if not accepted), the following organisational and support items are included in your entry fee;
* The back up support of our friendly and professional team in our HQ office who are at hand during normal working hours to help you. If we do not have the answer to your question we will know a man who does! Our priority is to help you have an amazing and exciting time driving your vehicle to parts of the world you never imagined existed.
* We ship your vehicle to the start of an event and back home at the finish, dock to dock, and handle all the port charges, landing dues and temporary import / export documentation. All you have to do is take out marine transit insurance, if you so wish, which we will happily also provide assistance with.
* Accommodation start to finish in the best hotels available (based on double or twin room sharing) including breakfast. Most of the hotels range from good to sumptuous, with an emphasis on the later.
* We negotiate special rates for those crews wishing to arrive earlier at the start of an event, or wishing to extend their stay at the finish (our pre- start and finish hotels). We will issue a special booking form to crews wishing to take advantage of this offer in the months leading up to an event.
* Dinner with all participants during each night of the event (individuals are free to make their own alternative dinner arrangements if they so wish at their own expense).
* Pre-start welcome dinner and party for all crew members
* Finish celebration party and dinner for all crew members
* Special nights out at specified places along the route
* Secure parking for your vehicle at each overnight halt
* A souvenir for all finishers on the event.
* Rally plates and side panels for your vehicle.
* Personal medical and Accident Insurance up to £100,000 for death or permanent total disablement as a result of an accident, and accident and illness medical expenses including repatriation of up to £50,000.
* The support of our fully equipped medical team, who have many years of practical experience gained from previous events all over the world. We give medical advice before you travel and look after you throughout an event. We know how to keep you going.
If you have a medical problem whilst you are on the road, although we may not be on hand immediately, you can be rest assured that we are not far behind and will arrive as soon as possible to help. During each event medical drop-in surgeries are held each evening. You can feel confident that we are there to look after you 24 hours a day.
* The support of our mechanical service crews who have a wealth of experience gained from our past events. If the problem is not terminal we have never failed to fix it and keep you on the road. We have never left anyone behind or a vehicle stranded, and nor do we intend to.
* Each crew is issued with a full list of mobile and satellite telephone numbers of all of the support crews on an event. You can call them at any time for assistance during the day. At each overnight halt, members of our HQ team are also on hand to help you from the time you sign in each evening to signing out next morning.
* A full tulip road book. We have combined our vast experience and knowledge of producing road books from years of organising some of the best rallies in the UK and overseas, together with our tourism background both in the private and public sectors.
The road book includes descriptions and information on places of interest along the route. It will guide you to the more remote gems of the countries we visit as well as the not to be missed tourist high spots. The road book will tell you the location and distance to the next fuel station and even recommend where to stop for that all important lunch!
Many participants who have taken part on our previous events say our road books are the best, easy to use, and allow them to get the most out of a trip to any country we have taken them to.
* An on event 48-hour car travels two days ahead of the group. Although we will have already undertaken a full route survey, our 48-hour support crew rechecks the route and reports back each day with any changes that might arise in the road conditions etc. This allows us to keep you informed and limit any possible delays to your schedule.
* We provide you with full briefing and advice notes on how to prepare you and your vehicle for a trip. These give valuable information on such matters as visa requirements, vehicle insurance, the correct equipment to take, the weather you can expect to encounter, rules of the road, emergency procedures, availability of fuel, currency rates, hazards to avoid, and much, much more.
* We hold a briefing day several months prior to an event. This will give you a great opportunity to meet our HQ team and many of the other crews also signed up to take part. You will be able to quiz our panel of medics, mechanics, insurance and shipping representatives and gain expert advice from the professionals.
You can also take part on our mini navigational run held very near the venue where the briefing day is held. This will give you a chance to familiarise yourself with a tulip road book and see just how easy they are to use.
For regular updates on the progress of an event, and news reports from the route survey team, please keep an eye on our 4x4xpress news section at http://www.4x4xplore.com/artman/publish/.
The entry fee does not include your personal travel to the start of an event or back home at the finish, or any other destinations you may choose to travel to and from. It does not include a vehicle or any vehicle preparation, petrol, lunch, beers along the way or any other personal expenditure. Hotel accommodation for family or friends who join you at the start, finish or at any other point during an event is not included within your entry fee.